Welcome to the Dragon's Pen, the blog of an aspiring kiwi author ... chatting about reading, writing, querying and publishing

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rewriting and Recycling

The official editing of my manuscript is on hold for now while I rewrite my first four chapters. This should bring me up to where I need to be. It'll mean two or three dud chapters will be cut out entirely, which is a good thing, believe me. Even though there was some really good stuff in some of those chapters the story wasn't getting where it needed to go quick enough. There was no help for it, they had to go.

I'll be recycling some of my favourite bits, cause recycling is good for the environment, and in this case, it's good for my ego too.

I'm pretty pleased with how the rewriting is turning out. I've had some pretty encouraging comments about it so far. YAY! Given how down I was, my writerly-pride is improving and the bruises are swiftly fading - no doubt they will soon be forgotten.

1 comment: