Welcome to the Dragon's Pen, the blog of an aspiring kiwi author ... chatting about reading, writing, querying and publishing

Friday, April 17, 2009

True Story Progress

Well, after blogging yesterday about not having any ideas. I've had some inspiration.
Last night I mentioned my frustration to my better half.
"What has been so exciting in my life that I could write about?"
And it struck me. My blog! Of course! What could be more exciting?

Perhaps it just goes to show how dull a writers life can be, but I thought it might be fun to write a story about starting up my blog. I've titled the piece "Entering the Blogoshere."

The other story I wrote is about the day I fell in love with my husband. It's a weird story because we had been best mates for almost a year before it happened. Of course, he's convinced I loved him before that, he's probably right. But I still maintain, it wasn't until that day that I fell in love with him. It was a bit like love at first sight. It hit me like a bolt out of the blue.
I did warn you it was a crazy story. This one I have named "Cupid's Arrow," for obvious reasons.

So this morning I grabbed a coffee and a piece of toast, flicked on the computer and got straight to work, and wrote both pieces in a matter of hours. My kids are on holiday and thankfully, they happily entertained themselves. I only had to intervene a few times, when Abbey decided to hit her sister for taking something off her and hiding it, and to prevent continuous raiding of the fridge. Oh, and I stopped to feed them lunch. I suppose I should feed myself at some point too. Sigh. It's hard to remember such trivial things as sustenance when the compulsion to write is upon you.

If any of my stories are placed in the competition I promise to publish them here for you all to see. Keep the inspiration coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment