Welcome to the Dragon's Pen, the blog of an aspiring kiwi author ... chatting about reading, writing, querying and publishing

Monday, February 15, 2010

Muse Alive and Well

I haven't written anything for a few days - I've been working hard at my other job.

But it is Monday again and time to ease back into a writerly frame of mind.

The MS is now at 77% or 54,000 plus words (this is assuming Tremorgan's Gift will be about 80,000 words and not miles longer) and I'm beginning to feel like I'm not far off the home straight.

I think we're 3/4 of the way there now.

I always struggle to reset my body clock after doing night shifts, but one thing I am finding is that when I'm trying to sleep the Muse is wide a wake and busy.

So after a particularly trying episode of "I'm-trying-to-sleep-cause-I-have-to-go-back-to-work-early-tomorrow" on Friday night, I clambered out of bed with the whole next phase of the book as clear as day in my head.

Brilliant!

Now to do it justice on the page.

I've mapped it out, so I don't forget any neat bits, and we're ready to go.

If only I could shake the last of the sleep-deprived fuzz out of my head...

YAWN!

... I'll think I'll go take a nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment