Welcome to the Dragon's Pen, the blog of an aspiring kiwi author ... chatting about reading, writing, querying and publishing

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blood Lines Launched!

The lovely T K Roxborogh launched her latest YA historical novel Blood Lines this evening at the Dunedin Public Library.

Blood Lines is the second book in a trilogy and carries on the story of Fleance (the son of Banquo, of Shakespearean fame).

Fleance is now the new King of Scotland, the ruler of a divided nation. He must marry a woman from a royal bloodline, but can he forget his first love? Before he can wed, the woman he plans to marry is abducted. His precarious rule becomes even more dangerous and bloody civil war seems inevitable.

The first book in the series, Banquo's Son, came out a year ago and went on to win and be nominated for a number of literary awards.

It was an enjoyable evening with many fans chatting and laughing as they clambered to buy the new book and get it signed by T K (myself among them).

I'm really looking forward to reading this latest installment.

As an added bonus T K has agreed to be my first interviewee at the blog. So, over the next few weeks I'll be posting interview exerts here. I'll be talking to her about her writing, particularly about this trilogy, and her experiences in the world of publishing.

I'm still compling my questions so if you have any questions you'd like me to ask her post them in the comments below. I'm open to your suggestions...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations T K! Your cover looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T.Anne but I don't wot wiff me mouth wide open lol. And, thanks Pen, for the 'shout out'. It was a great event marred only by a certain person in power who decided to 'tell me off' publically and a number of my charges for making the sandwhiches. Mia Culpa but the growling was unnecessary and made me quite sad for the kids.

    Sandwhiches were worth it but? *cheeky grin*

    ReplyDelete