Welcome to the Dragon's Pen, the blog of an aspiring kiwi author ... chatting about reading, writing, querying and publishing

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Off to Launch...

I'm procrastinating ... blogging when I should be writing. :(

Tomorrow morning, Sue and I will pile into her car, me with my red coat and lavender suitcase and ... well, actually I don't know what Sue will be taking.

The plan is to meander our way from Dunedin to Timaru, making it there in time to visit the Timaru museum, which I've been told, is quite good. On Saturday we will go on a tiki-tour of the surrounding countryside. If you're not from NZ this means we are going exploring. :)
We'll visit some of my families historical sights; a church, a graveyard and the ancient family farm of Castlewood. I've never seen any of them except in photos, so I'm really excited. We'll also visit Lake Tekapo and the church of the Good Shepherd which sits on the shore, I wrote about it in a novelette once, but I've never seen it in person.

The launch of Fuel for the Soul starts at 5pm on Saturday. It will be great to meet some of the other contributors and finally hold my first published work in my hand. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment