Welcome to the Dragon's Pen, the blog of an aspiring kiwi author ... chatting about reading, writing, querying and publishing

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Published in the Challenge

Things have been a little crazy around here lately. Not much writing has been going on, instead I have been trying to get my head around the sudden way my life has changed. I was a home schooling mother of four, but since the beginning of term my kids are now all in school and I am working part time and planning to write on my days off.

Things have been so nuts I forgot to blog about the fact that I had an article published in the Challenge Weekly. If you don't live in NZ, this is the primary nationwide Christian Newspaper. It was featured in Vol 67, issue 39 under the title Unique writing for a good purpose.
So, I was pretty happy about that. :)

Our new writing group starts up this coming week. We will be sharing a piece of our work and giving each other constructive criticism and praise, of course. We'll do an exercise or two and later chat over supper. It'll be great fun and all in the name of encouraging each other to write better, tighter and ultimately getting published.

I'll be taking the first few papers to my new YA novel and I have to admit I'm excited because I think they are reasonably good, but quite nervous too. It is always a little hairy when submitting your work for someone else's assessment. So, if you are looking for a serious writing group in the Dunedin (NZ) area you can email me at ruthDOTpeoplesATgmailDOTcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment