Welcome to the Dragon's Pen, the blog of an aspiring kiwi author ... chatting about reading, writing, querying and publishing

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Update

Just in case you're interested. I've updated my profile so you can see a little bit more about me. You might not be interested - that's okay too. :D

On another note...
Ages ago, well, it was a few blogs ago anyway, I mentioned that the results of the Katherine Mansfield Competition were to be released on the 1st of October. Well, the 1st has been and gone and since I haven't been screaming excitedly from the roof tops as you have probably guessed I didn't hear a thing. Nope. Not a peep. Still it was fun to give it a go. My story probably wasn't literary enough for the judges tastes. Never mind. Ten grand would have been nice though.
(My son was guttered that I didn't win. I told him I'd buy him a Nintendo Wii if I won. Alas, no win; no Wii. It's tough at the top.)

The story I submitted was set in WW2 and titled White Feather. I might expand it into a novelette or short novel one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment